Every year I do a write up on “things I like” which includes a look at apps that I frequently use on the day to day, my general workflow on processing email and work items as well as my Every Day Carry (EDC). Since we are all locked at home, I figured I would use some of the time to clean up my cable bag which has relatively stayed the same for the last few years.
I wanted to be able to charge my devices, get smaller cables, and make it incredibly light. I’m pretty happy with what I ended up with:
What’s in there:
- Tom Bihn Ballistic Organizer — all of this (except the notebook) gets stuffed in here.
- Nite Ize S-Biner Dual Carabiner — to clip on water-proof pill containers (this one and this one) to bring heart medication everywhere. Unfortunately needed these days.
- 1ft Anker USB-C to Lightning cable — charge the phone or AirPod Pro’s
- 1.6ft Anker USB-C to USB-C cable — charge the iPad Pro or anything else USB-C
- Short Apple Watch USB-C cable — charge the Apple Watch
- Leather cable straps — because they are functional and look cool.
- RAVPower 61W Wall Charger PD 3.0 — while I still like the Anker thin charger, this charger is small enough and can still power the 13" MBP, iPad, and anything else USB-C.
- Lumintop 110 Lumens Cree XP-G2 — I never realized how useful it was to carry a small flashlight everywhere, and I use this way more than I ever expected. Small, bright, it’s a no brainer for the daily bag.
- AirPods Pro — the only issue I have with these is that they dont stay in my ear as well as the previous generation AirPods.
- InCase Airpods Pro Case — really like the Woolenex case over the rubber ones that pick up all sorts of pocket lint. Works great with wireless charging as well.
- KardiaMobile 6L — Another one of the unfortunate realities for me these days, I need to carry an EKG reader with me. While the AppleWatch is great for a simple and quick 1-lead EKG, this amazing gum-stick sized device can do a medical grade 6-lead EKG that’s easily sharable with my doctors.
- Lochby Pocket Journal — amazing quality ultra portable field journal case. Also added this paracord keychain lanyard.
- Field Notes Dot Grid Pitch Black— Dot Grid notebooks are superior, and Field Notes makes the best ones which fit beautifully in the Lochby.
- Fisher Bullet-Pen — small, awesome for writing, and you just never know when you need one. Read a review here to see why this is the best pen.
- Pete’s Pirate Life Challenge Coin — yo ho yo ho.
And.. that’s it, for now..