Makoism is part blog, part-newsletter, and all experiment by Steve Makofsky (that’s me). For the last several years, I’ve been trying to keep a regular cadence of posting interesting links/thoughts/stories and thoughts about human-focused leadership, storytelling, and well-being.
This whole place is a bit of an experiment of Life 2.0 🏴☠️.
Newsletters are usually sent once a week on Saturday mornings, with a rare mid-week post if something is hot. But that’s only happened a couple of times in the last year. ;)
Who am I?
Steve Makofsky is currently Senior Vice President of Engineering for NBC Universal. I am an alumnus of Nike (VP Engineering) and The Walt Disney Company (VP Technology) and spent the earlier part of my career growing up at Microsoft, Corp and Yahoo!.
The thoughts and comments on this site/newsletter are my own and in no way represent my employer.
To me, living a rich life of experiences and surrounding yourself with interesting people is what brings the diversity of thought into your life. Trying hard things (the things you thought were impossible) and going on fun, crazy adventures is all part of the journey.
A few things about me…
- I wrote the books PocketPC Network Programming and Teach Yourself Windows CE Programming in 24 Hours in the early 2000s.
- I have several technology patents.
- I’ve been on Mount Everest. Yes, by choice.
- I’ve completed 9 70.3 Ironman, three marathons, and countless half-marathons.
- I love coffee. You can always buy me some ☕️!
- Oh, did I mention? I loooooove coffee. Did I mention also, that you can always buy me some ☕️! :)
You won’t have to worry about missing anything. Every new edition of the newsletter goes directly to your inbox if you subscribe: